Saturday, February 14, 2009

Visual Culture 2, Week 6



Objects:
Masked Man
Female
Crowd of People
Light Beams
Title
Film Credits

I had never seen this particular poster for V for Vendetta before, but I love it. I think that it should have been used more for the advertising. I have unfortunately only seen the beginning of the movie, but I think that this art captures the essence of the film. The colors are strong and bold, in addition to being ominous. I notice the same characteristics that we talked about in class such as creating lines that move on angles and making artwork out of the lettering. The title stands out, as well as the tag line "Freedom! Forever!." I think that the way the characters have been altered to look more like cutouts is effective in that it adds drama to the image. I also enjoy the overall vintage style of the poster and I think that posters should be designed with a vintage flavor more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment