Saturday, February 7, 2009

Visual Culture 1, Week 5



Objects:
Doors
Windows
Floor

This week I was looking specifically for collages that were interesting to me. We are working on our own collages right now in DMF, so I wanted to see other work that is out there in the world. I think this one caught my attention originally because of the gourd shape. When working on my own collage, I only ever thought of using a rectangle as the canvas shape. I was also really attracted to the bright blue coloring in the center, which is the part that really draws in the eye. I find it interesting that the layout is set up like a reflection, but the bottom is a different image from the top. It made me think of Alice falling through the rabbit hole to come out upside-down in another place. Even though there are two distinct images, I think that they work well to create a new art piece because of the way that they are each broken up and then connected to each other. It is appealing as a single piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment