Monday, February 9, 2009

Collage Revisited



This is my revised copy of my collage. Originally, I got the idea for this when looking at example blogs and finding the Marylin Monroe collage. I am an Audrey Hepburn fan, so I thought it would be fun to take that idea and do something similar. However, my intent was to focus on Audrey in her own personal life instead of her screen characters. I chose photos like the one of her on a bicycle and carrying a child during her work for UNICEF because those represent the person that she really was. I recently read her biography which taught me much more about the non-Hollywood Audrey. I learned that she loved gardens, which is why I chose a background that included flowers and trees. The first time I posted this collage, there were a few things that I was unsatisfied with. I have now gone back to adjust them, and this is the final product.

1 comment:

  1. One feature that I think works well in this are the things off the canvas (or screen): the way her eyes at top right look to the left, or the rear bicycle wheel isn't in the frame.

    I also like the way you used the trees and stretch of grass & flowers as a framing device to organize the images of Hepburn. There isn't a clear metaphorical relation between the two, but that makes for a richer visual experience. You're not simply illustrating something about her, but inviting us into an aesthetic experience that also includes her, but not only her.

    ReplyDelete