Saturday, February 7, 2009

Visual Culture 2, Week 5



Objects:
Woman
Pictures of meat
Japanese or Chinese writing (not sure which!)

I was interested to find that upon doing a Google search for collages I came across many of the type that we discussed in class as being "not very good." A majority of them were just a series of rectangle pictures that were cut and pasted together. Then I found a site for the artist of the above work. I like all of his collages, but this one was my favorite, mainly because of the color blocks and interesting images that he used. It doesn't make sense to me at all, but I'm pretty sure that is part of it. I found my eye drawn first to the word exercise strewn across the top, and then to the female in the middle who seems to have attained an extra set of legs and arms. Then I started to notice more of the detail, such as oriental writing symbols and pieces of meat around the edges. I enjoyed wondering what in the world was going on in this image, and it kept my attention for a significant amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment