Monday, January 26, 2009

Interactivity and Pixar


The other day I was exploring the Pixar website. Pixar is a company that I greatly admire and I like to keep myself updated on their projects. I clicked on a link to see the movie trailer for their upcoming film UP. I was impressed simply by the UP homepage. It took a while to load, but there was a nifty little animation. There was a sky background and a house with balloons attached to it that floated up and down across the page. I noticed the detail of the house and how the balloons would shift to indicate the effects of the wind. Then, at the bottom there was an option to view either the trailer or the teaser. A compass was placed in between the two options, and when you moved the cursor, the compass would change direction. This to me was an example of how simple interactivity can be very pleasing. I kept moving my cursor back and forth just to see the compass move, knowing all the time that it would do the same thing. It was just so darn entertaining! Life really is all about the simple pleasures...

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything to do with fun technology that doesn't have Steve Jobs's fingerprints? Pixar, ipods, iphones--it's an impressive resume.

    ReplyDelete