Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scratch 1





This is my first scratch project for Digital Media Foundations.
When looking over the requirements for this assignment, such as using flat color and simple shapes, I thought of clown make-up. My favorite kinds of clowns are the old Vaudeville performers. I found a picture of simple Vaudeville-looking make-up online, and it inspired me. I like how the scratch turned out, with simple colors and lines. I am a fan of using the black-
white-red combination, so I feel that this piece also says a bit about my own personality.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice example of the differences between flat and modeled graphics.

    Many of the Bauhaus artists were also fond of simple red, black, and white combinations. Have a look at this site, for example:
    falcon.jmu.edu/.../06.bauhaus.itten.dicker.jpg

    ReplyDelete