Monday, January 19, 2009

Alphabet Soup




For this project I was hoping to capture the entire alphabet. However I have been sick recently and not inclined to go out searching too much. Hopefully I will be able to continue to add to what I already have. I liked that the project allowed me to look at objects I do not normally pay attention to. I found that, even when I did not have my camera with me, I would slow down my walk and be looking for the letters anywhere that I could. This project forced me (in a good way) to take the time and opportunity to be more observant.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been sick. You've already racked up some great letters, though.

    What you said about looking at things differently reminded me of the idea of defamiliarization. I'll add a post to the class blog about it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to experiment a little with the curves adjustment layer to increase the contrast in some of these.

    You can also achieve more contrast by copying the image layer, then changing the blend mode of the copy to multiply. Finally, you can adjust the opacity to fine-tune the effect. I'll discuss it in lab, or you can look at the class blog under the "Photoshop" category. There's an entry on blend modes.

    ReplyDelete