Saturday, January 17, 2009

Advent Calendar Cont'd

I have been thinking some more about my calendar. I decided that making one that has a door for every day during the month of March might be a bit much, especially because I want each door to be unique and well-done. So, instead, I am making one door for each week of this term, because once I complete this term, it will be time for the trip to Disney World. I will be making ten doors. I have decided to use the Mickey Mouse head as the button shape. I have picked out ten classic Disney films to base the doors on. When the button is clicked, there will be the title of the film (some titles will be animated, some not) and there will also be a symbol that represents the film with a small animation on the symbol. For example, Mickey Mouse head number one, when clicked on, will open up to reveal an apple, which is a representation of Snow White. Snow White was the first Disney full-length animated feature, so I think it is appropriate for the first week. Then a bite will be taken out of the apple, and the Snow White title will appear. If I learn how to add sound to a button, I would love to throw in a clip of "Someday My Prince Will Come" just to make it a bit more entertaining. Another example is a Beauty and the Beast door, which would contain a rose, with a petal falling off, and then the title. I have already started working on some mock-up sketches for the symbols that represent each of the films that I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment